This week, a House committee killed House Resolution 186 (H.Res 186), a “Resolution of Inquiry” to direct Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin to provide the House of Representatives with ten years of President Trump’s tax returns, along with other information on his financial dealings. But there are other bills in front of Congress that would force the release of Trump's returns. Disclosure of these documents will provide vital information as Congress and the American public try to untangle the Trump Administration’s connections to Russia.
WHO TO CALL:
• Sen. Bill Cassidy - DC OFFICE: (202) 224-5824 and METAIRIE OFFICE: (504) 838-0130
• Sen. John Kennedy - DC OFFICE: (202) 224-4623 and BATON ROUGE OFFICE: (225) 930-9033
Reminders: Identify where you're calling from (town and zip code is fine) so they know you're an actual constituent. Be concise - the office will get through more calls that way. Be polite and don't argue with the staffer - they don't set policy. If you get a voicemail, then leave a message. And if you get a busy signal -- call back later!
Hi, my name is [Name] from New Orleans, zip code [your zip]. I don't need a response.
I'm calling because I believe that, by not releasing his tax returns, Donald Trump is breaking a promise he made to the American people. We need transparency about Trump’s ongoing business relationships, particularly about his business dealings in Russia. I expect Senator [NAME] to do three things to show that he is in on my side:
- Cosponsor the Presidential Tax Transparency Act
- Commit to publicly speak out for the full and complete release of President Trump’s tax returns.
- Support any Congressional investigation that leads to the release of President Trump’s tax returns.
- Thanks for your time and your hard work answering the phones.
For more information see the Indivisible script here: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resources-2/2017/3/17/presidential-tax-transparency-act