Health Care Matters:
Take 5 minutes to call today!
Congress is working to change health care as we know it. Their new plan would take away health insurance coverage for 23 million Americans.
- 428,697 residents would lose their current health insurance coverage through Medicaid expansion.
- $10 billion would be cut from Medicaid funding and benefits for children, seniors, and people with disabilities
You can help to protect Health care.
Phone calls and letters to your Senators make a difference. Senators Bill Cassidy and John Kennedy need to hear why health care matters to you.
Senator Bill Cassidy
Alexandria: (318) 448-7176
Baton Rouge: (225) 929-7711
Washington, D.C.: (202) 224-5824
Senator John Kennedy
Alexandria: (318) 445-2892
Lafayette: (337) 269-5980
Washington, D.C.: (202) 224-4623
What to say when you call:
"Hello! I am a constituent calling to urge my Senator to:
1) Vote NO on any bill that cuts health care coverage for Louisianans
2) Keep Medicaid expansion
3) Keep the current fuding for Medicaid
I have seen the benefits of increased coverage in my community and hope you will consider my voice when debating healthcare in Washington. Thank you!"
If passed, the Senate healthcare bill it would cut coverage for millions of Americans by:
- Making permanent cuts to the Medicaid program
- Phasing out Medicaid expansion, which covers over 430,000 Louisianans
- Offering fewer people tax credits to help them pay for health insurance
- Allowing states to waive important consumer protections, so insurance plans are not required to cover services such as maternity care, cancer treatments, mental health services, etc.
It is estimated that over 340,000 Louisianans would lose their health insurance coverage if this law is passed. We know that as a community and state we’re better off when people have health insurance and can access the care they need.
As an important part of this community, we need your help to appeal to Senators Cassidy and Kennedy to make the right choice for the people they represent.
We are asking people to please join our phone-a-thon by calling Senators Cassidy and Kennedy on Monday, June 26, to urge them not to cut health insurance coverage for Louisianans.
Here's a guide for calling the Senators. Please share widely!
Health Care Matters
Thank you for helping protect the health and lives of Louisianans.