Our members of Congress need to hear we support impeachment.
ASK YOUR SENATOR / REPRESENTATIVE :
If they have read the call transcript issued by the White House between Trump and the Ukraine president where Trump said, “I would like you to do us a favor, though.”
If they believe it is appropriate for the president to threaten whistleblowers, members of Congress, and the American people with Civil War as he did over the weekend via Twitter.
YOU SUPPORT IMPEACHMENT AND THE RULE OF LAW BECAUSE:
Elected officials asking foreign governments for investigations of American citizens to help their reelection campaigns while withholding taxpayer funded to that country is a gross ABUSE OF POWER and undermines our NATIONAL SECURITY.
The Constitution requires the president to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” The laws include the Whistleblower Act! And Articles of impeachment against Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton all mentioned the Take Care Clause.
The president threatening whistleblower, members of Congress, and a civil war is a BETRAYAL of his oath of office.
TELL CONGRESS TO STOP THE DEFLECTION AND FOCUS ON TRUTH, THE CONSTITUTION, AND THE RULE OF LAW:
· STOP saying the whistleblower’s complaint is all secondhand information. The complaint is confirmed by the call transcript and Trump’s own public statements.
· DEFEND the Constitution and acknowledge that bribery is covered under impeachment. As a Member of Congress, why would you not want to get to the truth in order to defend the Constitution?
· PROTECT those involved in the Whistleblower’s complaint. The President threatened “Big Consequences” to those involved in the Whistleblower complaint, although they followed the law.
· STOP saying Democrats cannot get over the 2016 election. This is about the president inviting interference in the 2020 election, ignoring the Constitution and US laws, and abusing the power of his office.
· CONDEMN the president’s behavior and inciting violence against the Whistleblower, Members of Congress, and the American people. Do you support the Constitution and the Rule of Law or do you support breaking the law and violence?
Senator Bill Cassidy: DC Office: 202-224-5824; Metairie office: 504-838-0130; Baton Rouge: 225-929-7711; Monroe: 318-324-2111; Lake Charles: 337-277-5398; Alexandria: 318-448-7176; Lafayette: 337-261-1400; Shreveport: 318-798-3215
Senator John Kennedy: DC office: 202-224-4623; New Orleans: 504-581-6190; Lafayette: (337) 269-5980; Monroe: (318) 361-1489; Alexandria: (318) 445-2892; Baton Rouge: (225) 926-8033; Shreveport: (318) 670-5192
Because of how Congressional districts are drawn, New Orleans residents have either Richmond or Scalise as their representative. If you don't know who your representative is, you can look it up by entering your home address on the U.S. House of Representatives website.
Representative Cedric Richmond - in DC at (202) 225-6636, and in New Orleans at (504) 288-3777
Representative Steve Scalise - in DC at (202) 225-3015, and in Metairie at (504) 837-1259
This call is adapted from Metairie Indivisible